dataspects intends to organize knowledge in accordance with EPPO.
Entitization on Resources
An entity is understood to be the smallest knowledge article that makes structural sense ("self-contained") to a knowledge consumer. With regard to its role in EPPO an entity must be able to answer two questions by its type, title, blurb and annotations.
- Is this the right knowledge article clarifying the successful completion of a self-contained task at hand?
- What is the required consumer qualification?
If the knowledge article meets the EPPO requirements then these two answers represent the main interface between the article's content and the consumer's perception and understanding.
The following examples depict EPPO requirement violations. An article titled "How to drive a car?"…
- …may contain instructions about how to change a tire. Solution: this article must be split into 2 entities and linked by a subject affinity "Potential impediments and solutions to driving a car".
- …may fail to link to the knowledge article "How to obtain a driver's licence?". Solution: this article must feature the requirement of a valid driver's licence and link to the corresponding article in its blurb, as an annotation or maybe as a bullet point in an introductory "Requirements" section.
Annotation on Entities
The system must be able to present Miller's-law-compatible facets in response to spontaneous intuitive cues or faceting/contexting steps. This quality is achieved by annotating entities and their typed links in sophisticated domain-specific ways.
by ML and DSLthoughts
EPPO allows you to home in to relevant knowledge by initiating a search by an intuitive spontaneous cue.
It makes an immediate, direct best guess for relevant articles based on your query, your profile and other aspects of the current context.Based on dataspects' reasoning it can present you best guess facets exposing useful subject affinities to help your mind going the last mile to the perfect knowledge article and/or facet.
EPPO relies on:
- strong relevance engineering based on careful signals intelligence (RELENG/SIGINT). SIGINT is currently specified per resource silo and considered at indexing time (see type Actions struct in a ResourceSilo's action.go about what actions are available.)
- and a continuous quality assurance (QUALAS)
EPPO offers you teaching-facets for you to learn about knowledge domains.
E.g. "explain a search context"
...are defined by the information required to fulfill a topic's specific and limited purpose.
Orient & Plan Topics
Understand & Relate Topics